Last Updated: 12 April 2023
Welcome to Skilledin.
Skilledin (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates https://skilledin.io, https://app.skilledin.io, and https://green.skilledin.io (hereinafter referred to as “Services”).
The data administrator is Skilledin, based in Singapore at 48 Carpmael Road # 04-03, 429974, registered with ACRA under registration number 202021882C. Data protection is carried out in accordance with the requirements of generally applicable law, and their storage takes place on secured Azure servers.
We respect the right to privacy and we care about data security. For this purpose, it is used, inter alia, secure communication encryption protocol (SSL).
We have implemented access control, thanks to which we minimize the effects of a possible breach of data security.
Personal data is processed only by persons authorized by us or by processors with whom we work closely.
We will not pass your personal data to third parties or any other related third parties for direct marketing purposes without your explicit consent.
Contact with the person supervising the processing of personal data at Skilledin is possible electronically at the following e-mail address: email@example.com
SERVICE means the https://skilledin.io website operated by Skilledin and other Services made available through our WebApps, such as Skills-based Talent Management solution at https://app.skilledin.io, and Green Talent Marketplace at https://green.skilledin.io.
PERSONAL DATA means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
USAGE DATA is data collected automatically either generated by the use of Service or from Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
COOKIES are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
For Skills-based Talent Management solution at https://app.skilledin.io we are the Data Processor, and the Company using the solution is the Data Controller for the Employee data stored in our software.
DATA PROCESSORS (OR SERVICE PROVIDERS) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
Talent Marketplace webapp uses Microsoft Azure AD B2C as Data Processor, which allows us to implement an additional layer of security for your personal data.
DATA SUBJECT is any living individual who is the subject of Personal Data.
THE USER is the individual using our Service. The User corresponds to the Data Subject, who is the subject of Personal Data.
3. Personal information we collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including:
- computer information, including your IP address (if enabled by your device settings), geographic location, browser type, and version, and operating system;
- information about your visits to and use of this website, including the referral source, length of visit, page views, and site navigation paths;
- information, such as your e-mail address, that you provide using contact forms on our websites;
- information that you enter when creating a profile to use the Services – for example, your name, profile pictures, skills profile, educational and employment data, etc.;
- information, such as your name and e-mail address, that you provide to configure subscriptions to our e-mails or newsletters;
- information that you enter when using the services on our website;
- information that is generated when you use our website, including when, how often, and under what circumstances you use it;
- information regarding services you use, or transactions made through our website, including your name, email address, and other details necessary to complete the transaction; Payment Processing is done in partnership with Stripe, a secure payment gateway provider. We will be able to see your name, billing address, email address, and VAT/GST number (if provided). We are not able to see your credit card number.
- information that you post on our website, including your username, profile pictures, and the content of your posts;
- information contained in any correspondence you send to us by e-mail or through our website, including communication content and metadata;
- any other personal information that you submit to us or share voluntarily.
As you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
“Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org.
“Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
“Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and additional optional information. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
4. How do we use your personal information?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, content release and delivery, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- administering our Services and business;
- personalizing our Services for you;
- enabling the use of Services available via our website;
- provide services purchased through our website;
- sending statements, invoices, and payment reminders to you and collecting payments from you;
- sending you non-marketing commercial communications;
- sending you email notifications that you have requested;
- sending our e-mail newsletter, if you have asked for it (you can unsubscribe from it at any time);
- send you marketing communications relating to our business or the activities of carefully selected third parties that we believe may be of interest to you, by post or, if you have consented to this, by email or similar technology (you can let us know at any time if you no longer wish to receive communications marketing);
- dealing with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website;
- ensuring the security of our website and preventing fraud;
- other uses.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address or country), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
5. Sharing your Personal Information
We may disclose your personal data:
- to the extent required by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or potential legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the buyer (or prospective acquirer) of any business or asset that we sell (or are contemplating to); and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of such personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority is reasonably likely to order disclosure of such personal information.
6. International data transfers
The information we collect may be transferred to the following countries that do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area: Singapore and United States.
You expressly consent to the transfers of personal information described in this section.
7. Retention of personal data
In this section, we have set out our data retention policies and procedures to ensure we comply with our legal obligations to retain and delete personal information.
Personal data that we process for any purpose or purposes will not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
We usually delete personal data falling under the categories set out below on the date / time set out below:
- Data provided for subscribing to newsletters – immediately after unsubscribing from them (automated process);
- Personal data on your profile – within 30 days after you request your profile deletion. Soft delete is done immediately. For Skills-based Talent Management, your Employee record may be kept longer, as per your Employer policy requirements.
Notwithstanding anything else in this section, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- to the extent required by law;
- if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
8. Security of personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal data.
We will store all personal information you provide on our secure servers (password and firewall-protected). We use secure Microsoft Azure cloud servers, and limit the number of people who have access to them for security purposes.
All electronic financial transactions made through our website will be protected by encryption technology via Stripe.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the Internet is potentially insecure and the security of the data transmitted in this way is not guaranteed.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password used to access our website; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log into our website).
We may update this policy from time to time by posting a new version on our site. You should check this page from time to time to make sure you understand any changes to this policy. We may notify you of changes to this policy via email or notice on our website.
10. Your rights
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Singapore and other countries where Skilledin operates and has servers.
11. Cookies Policy
Cookies can be persistent or session cookies:
- persistent cookies will be stored by the web browser and will remain valid until the agreed expiry date, unless the user deletes them before the expiry date;
- the session cookie expires at the end of the user session when the web browser is closed.
Cookies typically do not contain any information that identifies you, but the personal information we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
We only use persistent cookies on our website.
The names of the cookies we use on our website and the purposes for which they are used are set out below:
- we use Google Analytics on our website to recognize the computer when the user visits the website, tracks the users while browsing the website, and enables the use of the shopping cart on the website. We use this information to improve the usability of the website, to analyze the use of the website, to manage the website, to prevent fraud and to improve the security of the website.
- Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies – for example:
- in Internet Explorer (version 10), you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy” and then “Advanced”;
- in Firefox (version 24) you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options”, “Privacy”, selecting “Use custom settings for history” from the drop-down menu and unchecking “Accept cookies from sites”; and
- in Chrome (version 29) you can block all cookies by opening the “Customize and control” menu, clicking “Settings”, “Show advanced settings” and “Content settings”, and then selecting “Block sites from setting any data” under the “Files cookie”.
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact on your ability to use multiple websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features of our website.
You can delete cookies already stored on your computer – for example:
- in Internet Explorer (version 10) you must manually delete cookies (instructions can be found at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835);
- in Firefox (version 24) you can delete cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Privacy”, then selecting “Use custom settings for history”, clicking “Show cookies” and then clicking “Delete all files” cookie”; and
- in Chrome (version 29) you can delete all cookies by opening the “Customize and control” menu, clicking “Settings”, “Show advanced settings” and “Clear browser data”, and then selecting “Delete cookies and other site data and plug-ins “before clicking” Clear data browsing “.
Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
12. Contact us
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.